Wednesday 24 April 2013

fabric, fabric everywhere......


I added another strip to my liberty quilt to make it more usable....I love it, the picture doesn't do justice to  the colours of this fabric....all scraps that I've been saving up.





I've had a bit of a spend up ! I absolutely love getting parcels of fabric in the post......its a kid at Christmas feeling! 
All the fabric has come from the u.s....a couple of sites that were doing a reduced shipping offer as the us postal service recently increased the international charge to around $25. 
It still works out good value but I do try and support UK business too and there are some really good sites out there. 


Wonderful Kaffe ....I love this line and will be buying more when I dare.


and these, especially the modern mecca , far right and the orange




Am a wee bit disappointed with these Michael miller fabrics....they're not really my colours....I think I was on the wine when I ordered them....that's a dangerous game!



these are more my thing....I ordered these to make a quilt for eldest for  her new flat in London. 
Not quite sure what to do with them though. Maybe I should be a little more ambitious in my choice of pattern this time.







Did I ever show you these? really cute little panels to be made into a quilt.....I got them at the nec last year.....what shall I do with these?.....Don't say it says Herb I'm not ready yet!....me neither, back in the cupboard.









12 comments:

  1. Your Liberty quilt will be stunning. Liberty fabrics don't seem to photograph that well (I know that from a cushion I just made) but in person they are so pretty and vibrant. I love your fabric purchases and the Michael Miller ones will mix in nicely with other lines. I love the Kaffe Fasset ones and the panels are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful fabric and your quilt looks great - you have a great eye for colour. I'm always buying fabric for projects that are waiting for rainy days...I bought some lovely linen in Sussex that will now patiently sit there for months (years?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Liberty quilt is beautiful - and you've bought somew gorgeous fabrics! Love the ones destined as a quilt for your eldest. Happy sewing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw those little French panels at the NEC too and was very tempted to buy some. I was strong and didn't . I shall be interested to see what you do with them though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw those little French panels at the NEC too and was very tempted to buy some. I was strong and didn't . I shall be interested to see what you do with them though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those panels. Would look great on cushions as well as a quilt.
    Oldest daughter in a flat in London?!
    Handy for visits to the capital!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Kaffe, definitely my thing. He's got such an eye for colour, and when his fabrics go together they just look amazing.
    Have you tried Fabric Shack in the states? I've been buying from there for years, not least because they record the value of the package as $20 so you don't get stung for import duty, and they do half price shipping worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous fabrics - you have had a spend! I keep saying that I am going to make a quilt to use up my scraps, but I can't get motivated at the mo - one day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fabric for your daughter's quilt. I'm not a sewer but I do like seeing these gorgeous fabrics and what you make with them !

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE those ones in your "modern" photo. I'm a sucker for anything green,white, yellow. : ) Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My, I’ve never seen that kind of design for a quilt. Not ever in my 40 years of existence. I really love the idea of it. It’s simply something to be proud of. Great job! I can’t wait to see them all attached. Anyway, do update me when it’s done! Thanks for the inspiration!


    http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of these fabrics...I can see them just fitting in perfectly in my fabric stash..lol

    ReplyDelete