Friday 19 June 2009

Holiday.....sun here we come!

We're off to Cyprus this weekend...........all of us. A very different holiday from usual.

We have had a very long love affair with France, renting a gite with a pool,

exploring gorgeous villages, long lazy lunches,

vineyards, chateaux.

You know the thing. Well last year the girls said enough. No more France and come the new year they promptly booked their own holidays with friends. As it should be at that age. Herb and I thought about what we should do for a holiday........he started banging on about the new flooring we need in the sitting room but i said STOP......nothing will stop me having a holiday, I don't care how foul the carpet it.........it isn't actually he just has a rather large bee in his bonnet about it.

So we decided to go to my sisters holiday home in Cyprus. We've never been to Cyprus so thought it would be a bit of an adventure. You've guessed, they are both coming. To cries of 'what no France this year', 'going somewhere good without us' etc etc, I have booked 4 flights and a car. They have assured us that they won't participate in any sightseeing....just r& r by the pool after exams. Fair enough I say, but I am sorry not to be going to France, maybe I can sneak a quick trip in the autumn.

Have stocked up on the crafting goodies

for the trip, more like for 10 trips actually which I will have to sneak into the case. I have a first 'commission' for my embroidery so will pick up the needle while sat on the terrace overlooking Pafos with my glass or two of pink and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment